Saturday, August 16, 2014

Anchor Chart Organization

I love using anchor charts to enhance learning within my classroom!

That being said, I feel that it is impossible to find space to hang them or store them when not in use! I also seem to make the biggest mess while creating them with students! Am I the only one that organizes them badly, makes spelling mistakes and ends up crossing out things to make changes? I sure hope not! 

I decided to make some changes to the way I made anchor charts last year. I would create the chart on my whiteboard so that students had a clean copy right away. During prep or after school I would copy the chart from the board nicely onto paper. 

I LOVE the big paper pads you can find at Target in the school supply section! They are smaller than some of the big paper charts and much heavier paper. I also think that the drawing pad is cheaper than chart paper at the teacher store! 

I  then created covers for each subject area, which I laminated, whole punched and put on binder rings. I would attach the newly made chart and hang them up on an open section of wall. When we were done with the chart I would rotate to a new chart or flip back to the cover.  

Check out the pictures of my anchor chart wall. It is currently showing the covers, but trust me that we displayed many different charts all year!


I was happy to find a place to display and store charts at the same time. I would have loved to keep more all around my room, but wall space was scarce. 

How do you create, display and store your classroom anchor charts?

No comments:

Post a Comment