Friday, August 7, 2015

Back to School 2015: Goals!

I am sorry to say that last year was a time of neglect to my beautiful blog. I started the year finishing my last two classes for my educational technology masters. They were supposed to be two easy 2-credit classes. Well, that didn't pan out the way I had planned. I'm pretty sure I spent more time working on those two classes than I did during my whole masters.

To top it off I had 31 kiddos in my second grade class all year. It was a year where I had to focus on me and my kiddos 100%, which sadly meant a lot of things I planned on doing went by the wayside.

Ever since the MACUL Technology Conference in Detroit I have been inspired to learn all that I can about transforming my classroom into a learning space full of exploration, enhancing my way of teaching and upping my level of student engagement in any way possible. I have always believed that learning should be fun and engaging I just lost my way throughout the mess of a masters.

Exciting lessons are the ones students work the hardest on and get the most fulfillment out of. They are also the lessons that they will always remember learning. I believe that my students need to set goals for the year, but so do I! So, to finish this post I am going to share my goals for this year in my classroom, professional life and this blog.

Goals for the 2015-2016 School Year:

  1. Create a learning environment geared toward exploration by building up a Makerspace within the classroom, working in collaborative groups, and letting children choose their best learning space.
  2. Help students maintain high levels of engagement and excitement for learning throughout all subject areas. No more boring New York Engage Math Lessons...It's time to make them come to life in ANY way possible!
  3. Continue to grow professionally though engaging professional development I WANT to attend.
  4. Present what I learn this year within my school district and at a conference!
  5. Blog about my experiences in and out of the classroom at least ONCE A WEEK to keep myself accountable to my goals.
  6. HAVE FUN & LEARN RIGHT ALONGSIDE MY STUDENTS! Show them that you never stop learning.
  7. Be present! Live in the moment and take in everything this year has to offer. 

What are your goals for this upcoming school year?

 I would love to hear in the comments below or let's start a conversation on Twitter using the hashtag:

 #teachergoals

No comments:

Post a Comment