Thursday, October 1, 2015

GoNoodle Detroit Meet-Up!

Last night I was lucky enough to be a part of the amazing GoNoodle Detroit meet-up! I was so excited to help bring some positive energy to Metro Detroit teachers!
 
Teachers often feel beat up here in Michigan. We have little support from our governor and have faced major loss of funds because of this lack of support. School districts are struggling and teachers feel that negative energy every single day.

GoNoodle is a huge highlight of our school day! It makes us move our bodies, act silly and laugh with our kiddos. It brings out students personalities and makes them comfortable to be who they are! The Detroit meet-up helped teachers celebrate these small moments of our day!

Hosted at the Museum of Contemporary Art on Woodward in Detroit, it was the perfect scene for a festive night mingling with fellow teachers. A fun industrial space with an artistic flair! Teachers from all over Metro Detroit came together to share their experiences using GoNoodle in their classrooms.
Of course there was dancing to Pop See Ko and the Nae Nae! Watching educators let loose what exactly what I hoped for. No one cared what they looked like, they just had fun!
Squatchy Berger made an appearance which made for great photo opportunities! My new friend Sitaara Jones who is Regional Community Manager for the Mid-West, came to my classroom on Tuesday and danced with my kiddos. They loved doing the Dino Stomp with her and were so excited to see pictures of us together with a GoNoodle friend!
The photo booth was the high point of the night! You could dress us with silly pops and become a part of GoNoodle in a whole new way! Sitaara and I made Squatchy Berger join us for a great memory of a fun night! I just want to get a big thanks to anyone who voted for GoNoodle to come to Detroit. I also want to thank Mary Corder Meagher for letting me help set-up and participate in the event! I felt so lucky to be a part of such a great event with a great company!

Do you GoNoodle? Check it out for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment